Services provided to job seekers:
- Orientation to services available through the Workforce Development System.
- Assistance in assessing skill levels, aptitudes and abilities.
- Job search and placement assistance.
- Information on the southern tier labor market.
- Job vacancy listings.
- Use of the internet for job-search activities.
- Information related to local occupations in demand.
- List of local eligible training providers.
- Available child care and transportation services.
- How to file claims for unemployment compensation.
- Assistance in establishing eligibility for various programs.
- Information about job openings and local employers,
- Resume and interview advice and instruction,
- Information on training and educational programs, and
- Referrals to community resources.
- Centers also provide personal computers (with internet access), printers, a fax machine, telephone, and a copier for job-search activities.
- Every week a variety of helpful workshops are held at our Workforce NY Centers. See the event calendar for more information.